Last modified: February 21, 2019
1060 State Rd, Ste 101
Princeton, NJ 08540
Generic Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
• Information you provide – When you sign up for a MapText User Forum Account or fill out our contact or support request forms, we ask you for personal information, including name, phone number, and email address.
• Log information – When you access MapText services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
• User communications – When you send email or other communications to MapText, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email and other contact information to communicate with you about our services.
MapText processes personal information on our servers located in the United States of America.
FieldMap Information we collect and how we use it
FieldMap requests or stores the following information in FieldMap:
- Email address – this is the email address that is registered by an customer’s administrator with MapText’s portal (https://www.fieldbox.maptext.com) which along with his password authorizes entry of the user into the FieldMap app.
- Dropbox token – this is the token returned by Dropbox after a user gives his email address and password to the Dropbox login screen via Safari to authorize access to the resources in his Dropbox account. The token is stored on the device in the keychain. Using this token, the resources in the Dropbox FieldMap app folder are downloaded to the device. This token and the Dropbox resources can both be deleted from the device by deleting the FieldMap app.
- Device name, Device ID, Device OS version – this information is retrieved via iOS libraries and sent to MapText’s portal to enable the customer to centrally manage his devices.
- GPS location – this is captured via either the device’s integrated GPS sensor or via an external GPS sensor when the user either requests his position to be shown on the map, to be stored in a feature’s attribute during GIS data collection, to be used for location-based augmented reality, or to move a feature’s vertex to the user’s current location.
The third-party library Crashlytics also collects code pathway data and stores it in its Fabric portal for purposes of debugging FieldMap if it crashes.
MapText only shares personal information with authorities, other companies or individuals outside of MapText in the following extremely limited circumstances:
• We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of MapText, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to a limited number of MapText employees, who need to know that information in order to process it. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use MapText services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge.
©2019 MapText, Inc.